News & Events
Interested in upcoming CPC programming, local festivals or local/city-wide occurrences? Check back often for newsworthy stories, current events, and the latest media releases from the Vancouver Police Department.
Need news fast? Watch the live feed on the right of the website or stay informed on-the-go with your smart phone. “Like” us on Facebook and follow “@wechcpc” on Twitter, or use the links at the bottom of this page.
Due to damage from flooding, the West End-Coal Harbour Community Policing Centre will be closed to the public until repairs are completed.
Life Behind Bars II – Bicycle Raffle
Upcoming CPC Activities and Events
Bike Safety Day – Saturday August 14, 2021
Bring your bicycle to our pop-up tent at the corner of Broughton & Davie, near Sunset Beach Park, from 12:00-2:00pm to get your bike registered with Project 529 for FREE!
Cigarette Butt Portable Ashtray Giveaway – Friday August 20, 2021
Are you a smoker or know someone who does. Swing by Jim Deva Plaza (1200 Bute Street) from 11:30am-1:30pm to collect a FREE portable ashtray! This discreet, heat resistant pouch locks in the burned tobacco small and is flexible so you can put it in your pocket or in your bag. For more information, click here.
Zero Waste Electronics Recycling – Saturday August 21, 2021
We will be at Magee Secondary School in Kerrisdale (6360 Maple Street) from 10:00am-1:00pm assisting with a Free Electronics and Used Clothing Reuse and Recycling Event. For more information about what is accepted, click here.
Holiday Closure – Monday, September 6, 2021
We recognize all major holidays. We will be closed on Monday, September 6th to observe the Labour Day holiday. We will reopen at 10am on Tuesday September 7th.
The WECHCPC conducted or supported the following community events and safety initiatives in 2021:
- VPD Dog Calendar Sales – January 7
- Pedestrian Reflector Giveaway – January 19
- Project 529 Registrations – January 30
- Transit Police/Waterfront Community Policing Centre Opening – February 2
- Safety Talk for Gordon Neighbourhood House – February 25
- Safety Talk for Langara YMCA – February 27
- Bike Safety Day – March 6
- Safety Talk for Gordon Neighbourhood House – March 25
- Easter Activities Fun Pop-Up – April 1
- Cigarette Butt Portable Ashtray Giveaway – April 14
- Safety Talk for Gordon Neighbourhood House – April 22
- Cigarette Butt Portable Ashtray Giveaway – May 4
- Bike Safety Day – May 15
- Keep Vancouver Spectacular Community Clean Up – May 29
- Go By Bike Week Station – May 31
- Safety Talk for Gordon Neighbourhood House – June 10
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day Pop-Up – June 15
- Zero Waste Electronics Recycling – June 19
- Project 529 Registrations – June 26
- Safety Talk for Robert Lee YMCA – June 29
- Bike Safety Day – July 10
- Scavenger Hunt @ Queen Elizabeth Park – July 12
- Cigarette Butt Portable Ashtray Giveaway (Marpole) – July 16
- Project 529 Registrations @ Strathcona Linear Park – July 23
- Out on Patrol & VPD Pride Pop-Up – July 29
- Project 529 Registrations @ Rad Bikes – July 31
In The Community
Find quick links for COVID-19 updates here!
BC Centre for Disease Control – click here.
Vancouver Coastal Health – click here.
Be in The Know
To read the latest news releases of the Vancouver Police Department – click here.
To visit the Metro Vancouver Crime Stoppers, click here.