News & Events
Interested in upcoming CPC programming, local festivals or local/city-wide occurrences? Check back often for newsworthy stories, current events, and the latest media releases from the Vancouver Police Department.
Need news fast? Watch the live feed on the right of the website or stay informed on-the-go with your smart phone. “Like” us on Facebook and follow “@wechcpc” on Twitter, or use the links at the bottom of this page.
The WECHCPC is competing the Scotiabank Charity Challenge on Sunday June 25, 2017.
The WECHCPC team, Cops and Runners, is running to support crime prevention and personal safety for vulnerable populations in the West End, Coal Harbour, and Stanley Park neighbourhoods of Vancouver. We are comprised of CPC staff, directors, current volunteers, volunteer graduates now in law enforcement careers, family, friends, and allies. The Cops and Runners team will be participating in the 5K or Half-Marathon events at the Scotiabank Half-Marathon to raise money for the WECHCPC. Please help us continue our efforts to keep the West End, Coal Harbour, and Stanley Park safe places for everyone to enjoy. Please donate here: Cops and Runners
If you would like to join our team and raise funds on our behalf, please email email@example.com for more details.
Upcoming CPC Activities and Events
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?? KNOW A 16-17 YEAR OLD THAT WANTS TO BE CONNECTED TO THE COMMUNITY?? Visit us at our office at 1267 Davie Street or speak to us at any of our upcoming community events about what opportunities are available.
Community Cleanup – second Saturday of the month
We invite interested community members to join us in our efforts to keep the West End and Coal Harbour litter and graffiti-free. Every second Saturday from 10am to 12pm, CPC volunteers and staff will pick up litter and clean off graffiti in various areas from Burrard Street to Denman Street and from English Bay to Coal Harbour. If you have a graffiti problem in your neighbourhood, at your residence, or place of work, please download the Graffiti Paint Out waiver and return it to our office. We will be happy to either paint over or wipe away unsightly graffiti at no cost to you! To join the Community Cleanup please email Shelley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holiday Closure – Monday May 22, 2017
The WECHCPC recognizes all major holidays and will be CLOSED to the public on Monday May 22nd for Victoria Day. We will be open for regular operating hours on Tuesday May 23rd at 10am.
Bike Safety Days – Saturday May 20, 2017
The WECHCPC Bike Safety Days are back! Visit our station at Jim Deva Plaza, 1200 Bute Street, from 11am to 1pm. **FREE** Project 529 online anti-theft registrations, prize draw, snacks, and giveaways. First event is Saturday April 22. Rain or Shine!! For questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
The WECHCPC recently took part in or supported the following community events and safety initiatives in 2017:
- Volunteer Recruitment with VPD @ JIBC – January 14
- Workplace Safety @ WorkBC – January 20
- Fraud Presentation/Be Well – West End Community Centre – January 25
- Chinese New Year Parade – January 29
- Safety Presentation @ Running Room – February 2
- Safety Presentation @ Running Room – February 6
- Project Synergy with Kitsilano-Fairview CPC – February 11
- Project Synergy with Chinese CPC – March 8
- Everyday Safety Presentation/Connections @ YMCA Langara- March 10
- Everyday Safety Presentation/Connections @ YMCA Robert Lee – March 11
- Fraud Presentation @ West End Community Centre – March 14
- Safety Presentation @ Running Room – April 3
- Easter Carnival @ Coal Harbour Community centre – April 8
- Viasakhi Parade – April 15
- Transit Safety/Be Well @ West End Community Centre – April 19
- Bike Safety Day @ Jim Deva Plaza – April 22
- Co-existing with Street Disorder @ Gordon Neighbourhood House – May 2
- Seniors Safety @ First Baptist Church – May 5
- BMO Marathon Race Day Barricades Support – May 7
- Safety Presentation @ SNC Lavalin – May 8
- Workplace Safety Talk @ Gordon Neighbourhood House – May 11
- West End Keep Vancouver Spectacular Litter Pickup – May 13
In The Community
Take a tour of Roger Arena! See where dreams have been made, gold has been won, and where the best sports and entertainment lives in this city. Tours are available Wednesdays and Fridays beginning at 10:30 a.m., noon or 1:30 p.m. Sunday tours are available at noon, 1:30 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. For more information click here.
The BC Sports Hall of Fame presents an All Access Experience enhanced visit to the Hall of Fame and exclusive behind the scenes tour of BC Place! Highlights include a visit to the stadium Media lounge, Premium Suite areas, team locker rooms (when available) and access onto the field (when available). For more information, click here.
Help Find These Criminals
Help the Vancouver Police Department apprehend outstanding individuals with warrants for their arrest. Visit Metro Vancouver Crime Stoppers for their Most Wanted/Wanted Gallery and Crimes of the Week/Unsolved Crimes pages.
*April 2, 2013 – Can you identify this suspect? click here
*July 26, 2013 – Can you identify this suspect? click here
*March 3, 2016 - High Risk Offender to reside in Vancouver click here