News & Events
Interested in upcoming CPC programming, local festivals or local/city-wide occurrences? Check back often for newsworthy stories, current events, and the latest media releases from the Vancouver Police Department.
Need news fast? Watch the live feed on the right of the website or stay informed on-the-go with your smart phone. “Like” us on Facebook and follow “@wechcpc” on Twitter, or use the links at the bottom of this page.
WECHCPC Open House
On Saturday, September 29, 2018 meet your WECHCPC volunteers, staff, Board members, and Vancouver Police Neighbourhood Police Officers at our Open House. We will be recruiting volunteers, showcasing some of our activities and initiatives, conducting Child Find Fingerprinting services, and giving away free safety items. In addition, we will have a 50:50 draw and a raffle for great prizes. Join us at 1267 Davie Street from 12:00-3:00pm.
Vancouver Historic Half
Are you registering to run the Vancouver Historic Half 5K, 10K or Half Marathon on Sunday November 25th? If so, consider making a donation to the WECHCPC with your registration! This year’s event is supporting the WECHCPC and you will see our influence every step of the way. There are great prizes to earn for donating or raising $50, $125, $160, and $200 for the WECHCPC. For more information, click here.
WECHCPC Now Accepts E-Transfer Donations!
The West End-Coal Harbour Community Policing Centre is a registered charity in the Province of BC. Although we partner with, and are supported by, the Vancouver Police Department, our basic operating costs in 2018 increased by 20%. Donations are important to the sustainability of the WECHCPC. The sponsorships, honorariums, and grants from BC Gaming, West End BIA, ICBC, private businesses, and people like you go directly back into the vital programming we provide our community.
Donations to the WECHCPC can be made year round. Click here to donate using a Credit card, Visa Debit card, or Paypal. We now accept e-transfers! Please send your donation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The WECHCPC is a registered charity. Tax deductible receipts will be issued for donations over $20.00
Upcoming CPC Activities and Events
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?? KNOW A 16-17 YEAR OLD THAT WANTS TO BE CONNECTED TO THE COMMUNITY?? Visit us at our office at 1267 Davie Street or speak to us at any of our upcoming community events about what opportunities are available.
Bike The Night – Saturday September 15, 2018
WECHCPC staff and volunteers will be at Bike The Night conducting Project 529 anti-theft 17:30-20:30. For more information on this event, check here.
Holiday Closure – Monday October 8, 2018
The WECHCPC recognizes all major holidays and will be CLOSED to the public on Monday October 8 for Thanskgiving. We will be open for regular operating hours on Tuesday October 9 at 10am.
Zero Waste Reuse and Recycling Drop Off Event – Saturday October 13
Volunteers will be on hand from 10:00am-1:00pm, with the City of Vancouver, at Barclay Manor to collect your unused, unwanted, old, and/or broken electronics, small appliance, household good and textiles. For complete information about what is being collected, click here.
The WECHCPC recently took part in or supported the following community events and safety initiatives in 2018:
- Volunteer Recruitment with VPD @ JIBC – January 13
- Race Route Safety/Chili Chase – January 28
- Chinese New Year Parade – February 18
- Safety Talk @ Running Room – February 19 & 22
- Race Route Safety/Hot Chocolate Run – March 3
- Women’s Personal Safety Demonstration – March 9
- Zero Waste Electronics Recycling Event – March 10
- Safety Presentations @ Collège Éducacentre – March 14
- Race Route Safety/St Patricks Day 5K – March 17
- Coal Harbour Community Centre Easter Carnival – March 24
- New Canadians Safety Presentation @ YMCA – March 24
- Community Safety Panel @ WESN – March 27
- Theft From Auto Awareness Campaign/Stanley Park – April 6 & 8
- Safety Presentation @ Gordon Neighbourhood House – April 19
- Race Route Safety/Vancouver Sun Run – April 22
- Theft From Auto Awareness Campaign/Stanley Park – April 29
- Theft From Auto Awareness Campaigns/Parking Lots – May 1, 2
- Employee Safety Presentations @ Arcteryx- May 5
- Race Route Safety/BMO Marathon – May 6
- Cheer Station/BMO Marathon – May 6
- Theft From Auto Awareness Campaigns/Parking Lots – May 10
- Keep Vancouver Spectacular/West End Community Cleanup – May 12
- Theft From Auto Awareness Campaigns/Parking Lots – May 14, 15
- Residential Safety Presentation – May 15
- Theft From Auto Awareness Campaign/Parking Lots – May 17, 18
- Employee Safety Presentation @ Bentall Centre – May 24
- Coffee with Cops Town Hall – May 29
- Bike To Work Week Project 529 Celebration Station – May 30, June 1
- Theft From Auto Awareness Campaign/Stanley Park – June 1
- Lord Roberts Elementary School Community Day – June 2
- Cops 4 Cancer Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser – June 6
- WE Arts Summer Sounds Festival – June 9
- No Littering/Smoking Education Campaign – June 14
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day – June 15
- Theft From Auto Awareness Campaign/Stanley Park – June 15
- New Canadians Safety Presentation @ YMCA – June 15, 16
- Car Free Day – June 16
- Theft From Auto Awareness Campaign/Stanley Park – June 17
- Strawberry Festival – June 23
- Race Route Safety/ScotiaHalf – June 24
In The Community
Take a tour of Roger Arena! See where dreams have been made, gold has been won, and where the best sports and entertainment lives in this city. Tours are available Wednesdays and Fridays beginning at 10:30 a.m., noon or 1:30 p.m. Sunday tours are available at noon, 1:30 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. For more information click here.
The BC Sports Hall of Fame presents an All Access Experience enhanced visit to the Hall of Fame and exclusive behind the scenes tour of BC Place! Highlights include a visit to the stadium Media lounge, Premium Suite areas, team locker rooms (when available) and access onto the field (when available). For more information, click here.
Help Find These Criminals
Help the Vancouver Police Department apprehend outstanding individuals with warrants for their arrest. Visit Metro Vancouver Crime Stoppers for their Most Wanted/Wanted Gallery and Crimes of the Week/Unsolved Crimes pages.
*April 2, 2013 – Can you identify this suspect? click here
*July 26, 2013 – Can you identify this suspect? click here
*March 3, 2016 - High Risk Offender to reside in Vancouver click here