News & Events
Interested in upcoming CPC programming, local festivals or local/city-wide occurrences? Check back often for newsworthy stories, current events, and the latest media releases from the Vancouver Police Department.
Need news fast? Watch the live feed on the right of the website or stay informed on-the-go with your smart phone. “Like” us on Facebook and follow “@wechcpc” on Twitter, or use the links at the bottom of this page.
The WECHCPC is celebrating its 20 Year Anniversary on Saturday July 22, 2017.
Twenty years ago, the Davie Street Community Policing Centre opened at 1122 Bute Street. It had four volunteers and a coordinator named Peter Symons. Fast forward nine years when the Davie Street CPC changed names to reflect a new catchment area, and the West End-Coal Harbour Community Policing Centre was born. You may remember the WECHCPC was located at the Shoppers Drug Mart, 1125 Davie Street, for a number of years. In the summer of 2007, the CPC moved to 1267 Davie Street, and it has called that home for ten years. July 4, 2017 marked 20 years since the CPC began operating. Peter Symons is still part of the organization and it has grown to 170 volunteers. Please help the WECHCPC celebrate this milestone on Saturday July 22, 2017 at Jim Deva Plaza, 1200 Bute Street. Join the festivities between 11:00 and 2:00. There will be interactive activities, information booths, games, prizes, and more. For back often for more information.
Upcoming CPC Activities and Events
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?? KNOW A 16-17 YEAR OLD THAT WANTS TO BE CONNECTED TO THE COMMUNITY?? Visit us at our office at 1267 Davie Street or speak to us at any of our upcoming community events about what opportunities are available.
Community Cleanup – second Saturday of the month
We invite interested community members to join us in our efforts to keep the West End and Coal Harbour litter and graffiti-free. Every second Saturday from 10am to 12pm, CPC volunteers and staff will pick up litter and clean off graffiti in various areas from Burrard Street to Denman Street and from English Bay to Coal Harbour. If you have a graffiti problem in your neighbourhood, at your residence, or place of work, please download the Graffiti Paint Out waiver and return it to our office. We will be happy to either paint over or wipe away unsightly graffiti at no cost to you! To join the Community Cleanup please email Shelley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holiday Closure – Monday August 7, 2017
The WECHCPC recognizes all major holidays and will be CLOSED to the public on Monday August 7th for Civic Holiday. We will be open for regular operating hours on Tuesday August 8th at 10am.
Bike Safety Days – Saturday July 22, 2017
The WECHCPC Bike Safety Days are back! Visit our station at Jim Deva Plaza, 1200 Bute Street, from 11am to 1pm. **FREE** Project 529 online anti-theft registrations, prize draw, snacks, and giveaways. Rain or Shine!! For questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
The WECHCPC recently took part in or supported the following community events and safety initiatives in 2017:
- Volunteer Recruitment with VPD @ JIBC – January 14
- Workplace Safety @ WorkBC – January 20
- Fraud Presentation/Be Well – West End Community Centre – January 25
- Chinese New Year Parade – January 29
- Safety Presentation @ Running Room – February 2
- Safety Presentation @ Running Room – February 6
- Project Synergy with Kitsilano-Fairview CPC – February 11
- Project Synergy with Chinese CPC – March 8
- Everyday Safety Presentation/Connections @ YMCA Langara- March 10
- Everyday Safety Presentation/Connections @ YMCA Robert Lee – March 11
- Fraud Presentation @ West End Community Centre – March 14
- Safety Presentation @ Running Room – April 3
- Easter Carnival @ Coal Harbour Community centre – April 8
- Viasakhi Parade – April 15
- Transit Safety/Be Well @ West End Community Centre – April 19
- Bike Safety Day @ Jim Deva Plaza – April 22
- Co-existing with Street Disorder @ Gordon Neighbourhood House – May 2
- Seniors Safety @ First Baptist Church – May 5
- BMO Marathon Race Day Barricades Support – May 7
- Safety Presentation @ SNC Lavalin – May 8
- Workplace Safety Talk @ Gordon Neighbourhood House – May 11
- West End Keep Vancouver Spectacular Litter Pickup – May 13
In The Community
Take a tour of Roger Arena! See where dreams have been made, gold has been won, and where the best sports and entertainment lives in this city. Tours are available Wednesdays and Fridays beginning at 10:30 a.m., noon or 1:30 p.m. Sunday tours are available at noon, 1:30 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. For more information click here.
The BC Sports Hall of Fame presents an All Access Experience enhanced visit to the Hall of Fame and exclusive behind the scenes tour of BC Place! Highlights include a visit to the stadium Media lounge, Premium Suite areas, team locker rooms (when available) and access onto the field (when available). For more information, click here.
Help Find These Criminals
Help the Vancouver Police Department apprehend outstanding individuals with warrants for their arrest. Visit Metro Vancouver Crime Stoppers for their Most Wanted/Wanted Gallery and Crimes of the Week/Unsolved Crimes pages.
*April 2, 2013 – Can you identify this suspect? click here
*July 26, 2013 – Can you identify this suspect? click here
*March 3, 2016 - High Risk Offender to reside in Vancouver click here