News & Events
Interested in upcoming CPC programming, local festivals or local/city-wide occurrences? Check back often for newsworthy stories, current events, and the latest media releases from the Vancouver Police Department.
Need news fast? Watch the live feed on the right of the website or stay informed on-the-go with your smart phone. “Like” us on Facebook and follow “@wechcpc” on Twitter, or use the links at the bottom of this page.
WECHCPC Now Accepts E-Transfer Donations!
The West End-Coal Harbour Community Policing Centre is a registered charity in the Province of BC. Although we partner with, and are supported by, the Vancouver Police Department, our basic operating costs in 2018 increased by 20%. Donations are important to the sustainability of the WECHCPC. The sponsorships, honorariums, and grants from BC Gaming, West End BIA, ICBC, private businesses, and people like you go directly back into the vital programming we provide our community.
Donations to the WECHCPC can be made year round. Click here to donate using a Credit card, Visa Debit card, or Paypal. We now accept e-transfers! Please send your donation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The WECHCPC is a registered charity. Tax deductible receipts will be issued for donations over $20.00
Upcoming CPC Activities and Events
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?? KNOW A 16-17 YEAR OLD THAT WANTS TO BE CONNECTED TO THE COMMUNITY?? Visit us at our office at 1267 Davie Street or speak to us at any of our upcoming community events about what opportunities are available.
Santa Claus Parade – Sunday December 1, 2019
WECHCPC volunteers will participating with the Vancouver Police Department and other Vancouver Community Policing Centres in the Santa Claus Parade on Sunday December 1st. The parade starts at 12:00pm.
Holiday Closure – Tuesday December 24, 2019 to Wednesday January 1, 2020
The WECHCPC recognizes all major holidays and will be CLOSED to the public Tuesday December 24, 2019. We will be open for regular operating hours on Thursday January 2, 2020 at 10am.
The WECHCPC recently took part in or supported the following community events and safety initiatives in 2019:
- Women’s Safety Demonstration @ Coal Harbour Community Centre – January 11
- Race Route Safety/Chili Chase – January 27
- Chinese New Year Parade – February 10
- New Canadians Safety Presentation @ YMCA - February 22 & 23
- Safety Talk @ Running Room – February 25
- Race Route Safety/Hot Chocolate Run – March 2
- Zero Waste Electronics Recycling Event – March 9
- Race Route Safety/St Patrick’s Day 5K – March 16
- Resident Safety Presentation @ Sunset Towers – March 25
- Vaisakhi Parade – April 13
- Coal Harbour Community Centre Easter Carnival – April 13
- Emery Barnes Park Community Meeting – April 18
- Resident Safety Presentation @ Sunset Towers – April 30
- Race Route Safety/BMO Marathon – May 5
- Bike To Work Week Project 529 Celebration Station – May 27-31
- Love Who You Want Media Launch – May 31
- Lord Roberts School Fun Fest – June 1
- Cov Cigarette Litter Awareness Launch – June 5
- Car Free Day – June 15
- Lord Roberts Elementary School Community Day – June 19
- Cops 4 Cancer/VPD Jail N Bail – June 20
- Zero Waste Electronics Recycling Event – June 22
- Strawberry Festival – June 22
- Race Route Safety/ScotiaHalf – June 23
- Safety Talk @ Running Room – June 24
- Community Patrols, Celebration of Light – July 27, July 31, August
- Vancouver Pride Festival – August 2 & 3
- Vancouver Pride Parade – Sunday August 4
- Parade Route Safety/Chariot Festival of India – August 18
- Pan African Festival – August 24
- Bike The Night – September 7
- Race Route Safety/UA Eastside 10k – September 14
- WECHCPC Open House – September 21
- World Cleanup Day – September 21
- Women’s Safety Demonstration @ West End Community Centre – September 26
- First Responders Event @ Science World – September 28
- VPD Dog Calendar sales – October 10
- Parade Route Safety/Halloween Parade – October 13
- Race Route Safety/Turkey Trot – October 14
- Event Site Safety/Kits Autumn Fair – October 19
- Safety Workshop @ St Pauls Church – November 12
- Race Route Safety/Vancouver Historic Half – November 24
In The Community
Bright Lights in Stanley Park is on now until January 1, 2020. For more information, click here.
Help Find These Criminals
Help the Vancouver Police Department apprehend outstanding individuals with warrants for their arrest. Visit Metro Vancouver Crime Stoppers for their Most Wanted/Wanted Gallery and Crimes of the Week/Unsolved Crimes pages.
*April 2, 2013 – Can you identify this suspect? click here
*July 26, 2013 – Can you identify this suspect? click here
*March 3, 2016 - High Risk Offender to reside in Vancouver click here